I’m glad to see the corrupt, oppressive, unjust and unislamic president of Tunisia had to flee to Saudi Arabia. Ironic he had to flee the country and find sanctuary in ultra Islamic Saudi Arabia when he used his power to oppress the rights of Muslims in Tunisia including banning the hijab in Tunisia. (see 1 Muslim Nation article on this at Women’s Hijab Banned: Tunisia Government Crushing Islam) But what about the future Tunisian government? Even though the president has changed the same government and people who made Tunisia a 15% unemployed country with widespread misery are still in power! According to what I have read and all of it from western media is that there is no organized group or opposition to form a new government. In this case the same people who made the current crisis will continue to rule Tunisia even after this peoples revolutions against the corrupt government. In the long run the only change is likely to be a new president. This is the same thing that is said to have happened in Tunisia the last time the president changed 23 years back in 1987.
- Confusion, fear and horror in Tunisia as old regime’s militia carries on the fight
- Senior Tunisian ministers keep posts in new Government
- Self-immolations across north Africa follow suicide in Tunisia
- Tunisia Islamist leader says to return from exile
- Tunisia needs the Khilafah system, not just a change of ruler